Chocolate, caramel & pecans are one of our favorite combos whether it’s on ice cream, in candy form, or especially in cheesecake form. When I asked my hubby what dessert he wanted for Father’s Day, his eyes got wide and he said “Could you make me a low-carb TURTLE cheesecake?” Of course I said yes & I couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen to make it.
This cheesecake is a twist on my patriotic cheesecake & it’s almost just as easy. There are only a few more steps but they’re worth it!
Here are some tips while making this tasty cheesecake:
- If it takes you too long to whip up the whipped cream, put the whipped cream with the bowl in the freezer for a good 20 minutes. It will whip up right away.
- Simply fold the cream cheese mixture & cream together. You don’t want to overmix this or it won’t be as thick
- Don’t put the caramel sauce directly on the cheesecake right after making it, let it cool down a bit 🙂
No-Bake Turtle Cheesecake (THM S, keto, low carb)A quick and easy creamy dessert with chocolate, caramel, & pecans! What more can you want?
- 2 8 ounce packages reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered erythritol OR 2/3 c. gentle sweet
- 1 t. almond or vanilla extract I like 1/2 & 1/2 the best
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. baking blend or almond flour half bb & half almond flour is my favorite
- 1/2 c. powdered erythritol OR 1/3 c. gentle sweet
- 1/2 c. melted salted butter
- 1 T. cinnamon I'm a cinnamon fan so I love this much cinnamon in the crust, but you can reduce it if you want ;
- 1/2 c. Lily's or sugar free chocolate chips I prefer semi-sweet
- 2 t. avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 c. toasted chopped pecans
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. gentle sweet
- 1/2 t. molasses
- 1 T. almond milk
- 1 T. cream
- 1/8 t. xantham gum or gluccie
- Put a glass bowl in the freezer a few hours before making this dessert. Let the cream cheese soften on the counter
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut a circle out of parchment paper using the bottom of your springform pan. Cut inside the lines of the circle and place in the pan. Mix the crust ingredients together and press into the bottom of your Springform pan. Spray with coconut or olive oil. Bake crust for 10 minutes and let cool. In the meantime, make the filling.
- Take the cold bowl out of the freezer and whip the cream until stiff peaks form, usually about 3-5 minutes. If you're having a hard time whipping the cream, simply put the cream in the frozen bowl for 20 minutes in the freezer & it will whip up right away
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sweetener and extract
- Carefully fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture
- Once combined, spread the filling on top of the crust and set in the freezer for 30 minutes
- In the meantime, make the turtle topping
- Toast the pecans in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes or until fragrant, set aside
- Make the chocolate drizzle by putting the chocolate chips & oil in a microwavable safe bowl & cook for 30 sec @ 50 % until melted & smooth, mixing with a fork in between cooking sessions
- Make the caramel sauce by combining the butter, sweetener, & molasses in a small skillet. Use a silicon whisk, constantly stirring on medium heat until the mixture boils. Let boil for 1 minute & then turn the heat off. Quickly add the almond milk, cream & xantham & whisk together
- After the cheesecake has been in the freezer for 30 minutes, use a butter knife to cut between the cheesecake & the springform pan. Carefully release the springform pan. Use a spatula to separate the cheesecake from the pan onto a serving platter covered with parchment paper.
- Once on the platter, drizzle the chocolate first by dipping a fork in the melted chocolate and making streaks across the cheesecake in both directions. Repeat this step with the caramel sauce. Chop the pecans & sprinkle on top. Once the topping is complete, carefully remove the parchment paper from underneath the cheesecake or simply transfer to another (more clean) serving platter.
- Serve right away or keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Only keep in the fridge for 1 hour before serving or put it back in the freezer & get it out to thaw on the countertop for an hour before serving.
What is your favorite kind of cheesecake?